TrackMyCrime terms and conditions
Last updated 20 Jan 2017.
- The following terms and conditions govern the use of the TrackMyCrime website. Intellectual property rights in the TrackMyCrime system are owned by the Ministry of Justice. TrackMyCrime will authenticate a user by asking the user to enter their crime reference number, date of birth, and last name. On first registration, the user will be sent an email containing a verification link for TrackMyCrime, to the email address the user gave on reporting the crime to the police. The user will be required to use this verification link to register on the TrackMyCrime website to authenticate their account. They will be asked to create a new password on first registration.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, TrackMyCrime grants you (“the user”) a limited and revocable non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to view the contents of this website.
- By accessing, browsing and or using this website, the user agrees to the following:- a) that the user has read, understood and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions; b) not to use the website if the user does not agree to all the terms and conditions of this website
- You shall not copy, modify, upload, download, post, transmit, publish or distribute any content of the TrackMyCrime website without express prior written permission. All software, text, graphics, logos, images, design elements, and all other information and materials contained in this website shall be the intellectual property of the Ministry of Justice. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or the website shall be construed as granting a licence or other rights under any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- You reserve the right to opt out of this service at any time by requesting your access to the website to be removed.
- The Ministry of Justice makes no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this website for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties and or fitness for purpose.
- The Ministry of Justice makes no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this website will be uninterrupted, or error-free. In no event shall TrackMyCrime or its agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written licence or agreement from the Ministry of Justice.
- TrackMyCrime is a service managed and hosted by the Ministry of Justice. The Ministry of Justice’s, logo, image, layout and design of this site are protected by Crown copyright.