Please note that TrackMyCrime is not available for all crimes. You will be advised whether you can use TrackMyCrime to track the investigation of your case online.

Logging in

I haven't received my welcome e-mail

Within 24 hours of reporting your crime you will be sent a welcome email containing a verification link so you can log in and use TrackMyCrime. If you haven’t received this please check your email spam settings and folders. If necessary add to your contacts to ensure you receive future emails.

I've lost my crime reference number

If you have lost your crime reference number you will need to contact either the officer dealing with your investigation or our service centre on 101.

I've forgotten my password

If you have forgotten your password, you can reset this by following the instructions under ‘reset password’ on the login page.

Using TrackMyCrime

The ‘Messages’ page

When you log in to TrackMyCrime, the messages page is the first part of the site you will see. This section will show you updates on the progress of your case. The most recent update is displayed at the top of the page.

The ‘Missing or Damaged Property’ page*

This section allows you to review details of any missing or damaged property that we have recorded against your crime*. This section will only appear if you have reported any stolen property. If you need to make any amendments, you can update us by sending a message to your officer or contacting 101.

*This service is not in use by all forces.

The ‘Support and Advice’ page

The support and advice section allows you to access contacts and information about victims’ rights and victims’ services, both locally and nationally.

How do I contact the police about my case?*

On the ‘messages’ page, you can send a message to the unit or officer dealing with your investigation.* Please note that due to different shift patterns and individual availability, response times will vary. If you need to contact the police urgently, call 999 in an emergency or 101.

*This service is not in use by all forces.

How do I change how I receive notifications?

On the ‘settings’ page, you can change how you receive notification updates from TrackMyCrime. If you would like to receive update notifications by text message, you can provide a mobile number.* These notifications can be turned on or off.

*This service is not in use by all forces.

How do I update my email address?

To update your email address, please contact your police officer.

How do I unsubscribe from TrackMyCrime email notifications?

On the ‘settings’ page you can unsubscribe from all email notifications by unchecking the ‘send email notifications’ check box. If you do this you will no longer receive notifications about your crime. You can also click the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from TrackMyCrime.


Keep your details secure

It is important that you keep your details safe and secure. Your crime reference number, last name, date of birth, and password (chosen when first accessing the site) are your security information to ensure no one else has access to your account. We will never contact you to ask for your password either by phone, e-mail or in person. It is important that you never give these details to anyone. Your e-mail account is also key to keeping your account information and updates secure. Please only use an e-mail account that is personal to you and not shared with anyone else.

Changing your password

If you think someone may have guessed, or could guess your password, you can change this by going into the 'settings' page.

If you think your account has been compromised

If you believe your account has been compromised, you can either change your password from the ‘settings’ page, or if you are unable to log in, you can reset your password from the log in page by clicking the ‘reset password’ button.

Security Accreditation

TrackMyCrime has been accredited by the National Accreditor for Policing. This accreditation was awarded after the service was subjected to a security review by an externally approved “CHECK” service provider.